The Jewett Civic Center is located at 111 North Robinson directly behind the Jewett Flea Market. The Civic Center has two areas available for rental. The main area will accommodate up to 400 people and the Community Room up to 75 people. Kitchen facilities are available for either area. Rental includes the use of tables and chairs. The Civic Center and Community Room are available for rental 365 days per year.
- Per Day Rental Rates: Civic Center Rental $250
- Civic Center Deposit $500
- ($100 non-refundable for normal wear and tear)
- Civic Center Alcohol Deposit $500
- Officer Fee for Events with Alcohol $50 per hour
- Community Room Rental $150
- Community Room Deposit $150
- ($50 non-refundable for normal wear and tear)
- Community Room Alcohol Deposit $500
- Officer Fee for Events with Alcohol $25 per hour
The Jewett Area Chamber of Commerce is also located in the Civic Center and is host to the annual Flea Festival the second weekend in April and the Fall Frolic the second weekend of October. Additionally, the Jewett Area Chamber of Commerce hosts An Old Fashioned Christmas, an event that transports children back to a simpler holiday season, during December.
There are numerous community events held each year at the Jewett Civic Center which include: Jewett Volunteer Fire Department Coonhunt, Community Thanksgiving, Leon County Go Texan Fundraiser, Buckmaster’s Annual Banquet, and the Career Fair. In addition numerous private parties, school and family reunions are held throughout the year.
Also located inside the Civic Center Complex is the Jewett Historical Museum, the Jewett Public Library and the Visitors Information and Tourism Center.