The Jewett Civic Center is located at 111 North Robinson, directly behind the Jewett Flea Market. The Civic Center has two areas available for rental. The main area will accommodate up to 400 people and the Community Room up to 75 people. Kitchen facilities are available for either area. Rental includes the use of tables and chairs. The Civic Center and Community Room are available for rental 365 days per year.
- Civic Center
- Rental Rate (per day): $350.00
- Building Deposit: $300.00*
- Normal Wear & Tear Fee: $100.00
- Alcohol Deposit: $500.00*
- Officer Fee for Alcohol Events: $30.00/hour per officer (2 required)
- Community Room
- Rental Rate (per day): $150.00
- Building Deposit: $100.00
- Normal Wear & Tear: $50.00
- Alcohol Deposit: $500.00
- Officer Fee for Alcohol Events: $30.00/hour (1 officer required)
The Jewett Area Chamber of Commerce is also located in the Civic Center and is host to the annual Fall Frolic the second weekend of October. Additionally, the Jewett Area Chamber of Commerce hosts several events for local children, including the annual Easter Egg Hunt, a Summer Kid’s Fest, and an Old Fashioned Christmas.
Additionally, numerous community events are held at the Civic Center each year, including the JVFD Coonhunt, Leon County Go Texan Fundraiser, a Career Fair, and the Community Thanksgiving held each November. In addition, numerous private parties, school and family reunions are held throughout the year.
Also located inside the Civic Center Complex is the Jewett Historical Museum, the Jewett Public Library and the Visitors Information and Tourism Center.